With the chilly weather here to stay for a while a delicious soup is just what we need on a cold evening. This soup is tasty and easy to make.
- ½ Tbsp finely chopped onion (allowance)
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp cracked black pepper
- 1cm lemongrass root (optional)
- 1 bay leaf
- Cabbage – finely chopped (allowance)
- ½ clove garlic – finely diced
- Chicken breast – diced (allowance)
- ¼ tsp curry powder or cumin
- 1 tbsp fresh basil – chopped
- 1 Tbsp celery – diced
- Tomato – finely chopped (allowance)
- Shirataki Noodles (allowance)
- Finely chop onion and garlic and fry with olive oil in a pan.
- Add chicken and brown until cooked.
- Add all the other ingredients and bring to the boil (use the cabbage and tomato to make up your vegetable allowance total).
- Add water (approximately 2 cups) in small amounts to stop the soup
thickening and burning (adjust the amount of water required as you go along).
- Add Shirataki noodles and soak for a while.
- Remove lemon grass and the bay leaf before serving.
For more delicious recipes take advantage of the TLC-Recipe E-Book Box Set Special now. You can buy online here: https://tlcforwellbeing.com/product-category/recipe-e-books/