‘Stay at home, do not socialize, avoid public places’ … When you are in the early days of self-isolating during the Covid-19 pandemic, it may seem simple to adhere to these rules. But as some people in countries who have been isolated for a while have found.. you can get cabin fever or go stir crazy! But self-isolating is a small price to pay to keep the vulnerable in our communities safer. So make the best of it.
What can you do to make your time at home more productive and uplifting?
- Do an online course
- Learn a new skill
- Binge watch movies and shows
- Clean out your wardrobe
- Give yourself a manicure and pedicure
- Do crosswords and sudoku
- Plant flowers
- Make a photo album or scrapbook
- Start a blog
- Write a novel
- Knit or crochet
- Learn a language
- Do DIY and home improvements
- Play board games
- Do puzzles
- Learn to play an instrument
- Get creative… Sketch, paint and draw
- Skype call friends and family
- Create a Pinterest Board for a hobby or travel bucket list
- Do yoga
- Walk.. Only if you have a safe area to do so
Remember, you don’t have to spend money… there are free online tutorials and Youtube guides to virtually any activity or skill possible… Immerse yourself and learn skills you have never before had the time for!
Finally, embrace slow living while it lasts!