Self-isolating, washing hands and avoiding close contact? Is that enough?
What else can you do right now to reduce your risk?
The best you can do is ensure that, if you do catch the Covid-19 virus (or any other illness or virus), your body is at its optimum to fight the infection and reduce the severity of your symptoms.
- Lose weight… Obesity is a major risk factor for a bad outcome if you catch a respiratory illness (ie Covid-19). Coronaviruses can cause more severe symptoms and complications in people with obesity and obesity-related conditions.
- Sleep min 6 hours per day, ideally 8 hours. Sleep deprivation opens the door to a wide range of illnesses by weakening the body’s immune system.
- Do Moderate Exercise, not too much or too intense. Moderate activity is all you need. Exercise improves your overall fitness, which can help boost your immune system, the body’s defense against infections.
- Supplement to boost your immune system: the ideal dosage:
Vit D: 400iu per day
Vit C: 1-2gr per day
Zinc: 20mg per day
Echinacea: 2400mg per day (4000mg if you are ill)
- Take Probiotics…including Bifidobacterium and lactobacillus
- Reduce Stress, as it suppresses the immune system.
- Do not smoke… people with poor lung function (as a result of smoking or anything else) may be at higher risk of complications if they do become infected with the virus.
- Get fresh air.. A daily walk outside to get sunlight and fresh air can work wonders! Sunlight boosts your body’s production of Vitamin D and boost recovery time from illness.
How can we help you…
- Start your TLC-Program today to improve your risk factors by reducing obesity and boosting your immune system. To reduce person to person contact TLC provides online Programs and support. Buy one here: https://tlcforwellbeing.com/product-category/tlc-online-programs/
- Supplement with TLC-Turbo Boost or TLC Multi-Vitamin and TLC Vitamin C to boost your immunity. Vitamin B (TLC Smart IQ) is also essential to support your body’s biochemical reaction in the immune system. Buy them here: https://tlcforwellbeing.com/product-category/tlc-vitamins-and-products/
For further benefits add garlic to your food, drink green tea and snack on dark chocolate and blueberries for the Flavonoids.
Wash your hands and stay strong!