Wow its really cold! Try out this recipe tonight and beat that winter chill!
- 1 tsp Olive Oil (allowance)
- ¼ onion – diced (allowance)
- 1 Tbsp diced celery (allowance)
- 1 clove garlic – finely chopped
- 2 cups water
- Chicken breast strips (allowance)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Juice of ¼ lemon (allowance)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsps Fresh Herbs plus extra to garnish
- Baby spinach (allowance)
- Chickpeas (allowance)
Warm oil in a pot.
Add onion, celery and garlic and cook on a low heat until onion and celery softens.
Add the water and bring to the boil. Dice chicken finely and add to the pot. Turn the heat down to a simmer.
Add salt, pepper and cinnamon.
If necessary add more water and simmer till the chicken is cooked.
Add chickpeas, herbs (leaving some herbs for garnish) and spinach to make up the rest of vegetable allowance.
Add to bowl and squeeze over the lemon juice to taste. Garnish with the balance of the fresh herbs.