Who says you can’t snack on popcorn at the movies! Try this healthy “legal” snack that you can enjoy while on all the Phases of your TLC-Program!
- Chickpeas (canned in brine) – from allowance
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil – from allowance
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons dried Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cumin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cooking Spray (Spray and Cook)
- Heat oven to 220 degrees
- Drain, rinse and dry chickpeas in a tea towel
- Spray a small roasting pan with cooking spray
- Add chickpeas to the pan
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients until all the chick peas are well coated
- Roast in the oven stirring from time to time until the chickpeas start to “pop”
- Cool and enjoy on its own before a meal or sprinkle on your salad!
Remember this is part of your vegetable allowance and must be eaten with or very close to your meal time!