COCONUT MILK can now be introduced on a very limited ‘Treat” basis on the TLC-Program, ie not daily but as a treat once in a while!
HOMEMADE COCONUT MILK RECIPE
50 ml of Coconut Milk maximum which must replace half a fruit from your daily allowance
DO NOT USE CANNED MILK
NOTE: When using this recipe – reduce proportionally to eliminate wastage – ratio of 2:1 water:coconut flakes.
- 4 cups water
- 1.5 – 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- Heat water until hot (but not boiling).
- Add shredded coconut and water to a blender. If all of the water won’t fit, you can add it in two batches.
- Blend on high for several minutes until thick and creamy.
- Pour through a colander to filter out the coconut pulp, then squeeze through a cheese cloth
or nut bag to filter the smaller pieces of coconut.
- If you separated the water into two batches, put the strained coconut back into the blender with the second batch of water.
- Drink immediately or store in the fridge. Fresh coconut milk should be used within 3-4 days of making it for the best flavor and texture.
The TLC-Test Kitchen is always coming up with new ideas to make your experience on the TLC-Program more enjoyable. For any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org